Sunday, December 21, 2014

2014 Top Cigars " A Twist"

Another great year for cigar lovers. This is truly an outstanding time for aficionados.
In a time of massive consolidation and a constant threat of litigation one would think that things would be grim. But, just the opposite, new cigars keep coming... Good Cigars!!!

So this year as I look at all the empty boxes and cigar labels I found myself reflecting on what cigar artisans do I really support. Where did most of my cigar budget go to? What smokes must I have in my cooliodor in case of an invasion, zombie apocalypse or  nuclear attack!

Not going to have input from my cigar circle, or bring it up for a vote this year. They would want to include cigars that we only smoked once or twice, and flood the list with inconsistent Cuban cigars.


This is the "Bread and Butter" list!


1


@MyFatherDPG @Cigarjeremy 

This Jaime Garcia is just fantastic for the price. It is by far the Cigar I purchase the most. Great broadleaft, value, taste, construction and aroma. I prefer the smaller ring-gages but they are all excellent.


2


@drewestatecigar @drewestatepedro @MArvinSamel

All things DE are just awesome! And I hope they remain the same with the changes at hand. I don't usually by boxes of DE product due to availability at my local B&M and of course cost. High demand for the product results in an automatic increase in price at local shops. With the exception of the UnderCrown. Its a fantastic cigar with a reasonable price and availability. 


3


@MyFatherDPG

So many great cigars by My Father that I enjoy. The Centurion, Le Bijou, Flor De Las Antillas etc. They are just fantastic and probably one of the best cigars to age. In other words, buy on sale and hold on to them for a long time. They only get better with age. I usually buy a couple of boxes for special occasions and celebrations


4


@TatuageCigars @tatuajeanarchy @LaVeriteCigars

Just an incredible Cigar company. everything about Tatuaje Cigars is just fantastic. I think that the cigars are overpriced. But I don't care. 


 5


@illusionecigars

Mouth watering maduro with perfect balance burn and taste. On this cigar, I would save so much more money if I just bought by the box. Repeated trips to my local B&M like a crackhead looking for a fix!


6


@TheCrownedHeads @mikeconder @3BarHuber

Everything made by TheCrownedHeads has a classic taste and feel. Its a cigar you can hand out to a young man or to your Grand-Father. They are the Kings of smooth and Flavor. Love all of their Cigars but my favorite is still Four Kicks. Thank God they are still available!!!


7


@ChiefHava

The Chief is on to something! Great Cigars and outstanding work supporting his workers and their families. Happy people make good Cigars!
His cigars are complex, slow burning and tasty. A bit strong for my palate but with some time in the humi they blossom. I hope he continues to grow and prosper.


 8


@quesadacigars

This cigar has a constant residence in my humidor. When I finish a box I simply get another. Consistent taste over the years, great construction and still a great value. 


9


@PerdomoCigars 

Our favorite vacation smoke. It has become a tradition to get two boxes of Perdomo on our fishing summer vacation up north. I love the Maduro but they are all great smokes and a great value.


10


@KRISTOFFCIGARS @GennCaesuly 

The best Sumatra on the market! And the Maduro is marvelous, aromatic, slow burning and pleasant. I like them fresh, besides they don't last in the humidor. Truly a great company headed by Gentleman who have a great understanding on how to make an unforgettable Cigar.






No comments:

Post a Comment